by Liz McCready
2013 was a year of change for me – moving to the big smoke of Auckland, starting a new job in a very different school, making new friends… but I stayed in my comfort zone when it came to my art and design. After some decent prodding from a creative friend, I have decided to set a few goals for my second year in the concrete jungle. My hope is that I will actually follow through with these goals now that I have shared them with the online world.
- Make stuff all the time – just for fun and post it here. I’m in the practice of only creating things for exhibitions, markets or as gifts. I need to create “just because.”
- Get out there – I’m a bit scared of rejection, and Auckland can be a scary place when nobody in creative circles knows you. My aim is to find a way to get involved in exhibitions in the city.
- Read more – it’s so easy to waste time in front of the TV. My aim is to surround myself with inspirational design books and magazines, and read some novels.
- Keep learning and growing – I have signed up for some night classes, so that will be a good start.
- Be positive – look for the good things, rather than ranting about the bad things.
Keep stopping by to see how I’m going with the goals!